Thursday 3 July 2008

Mini Pavlovas

As you will know, I bought 2 punnets of strawberries on Saturday. They are still doing fine. I had strawberries with a dusting of sugar on two days, so when I saw small meringue nests on Tuesday at the farm shop, I bought a set of four. I have never been able to make meringues (they always end up like toffee), and I am deeply envious of my elder son's mother-in-law who makes pavlovas at the drop of a hat (and swears that they are so easy, grr).

Anyway, back to the meringue nests...

I took half of a small carton of double cream and whisked it till thick, whisking in some pomegranate seeds (following advice from daughter) and filled two nests with the cream mix. I then sliced a couple of strawberries on top of each and left them for a while for the meringue to soften a little.

Scrummy and so easy.

PS, of course I ate both!

No comments: