Saturday 1 November 2008

Spinach Soup

Ingredients

a good bunch of spinach leaves, shredded
2 oz butter
2 onions, chopped finely
3 medium potatoes, chopped
2 1/2 pints chicken stock (if I don't have any fresh, I use Kallo organic chicken stock cubes dissolved in 2 - 3 p0ints boiling water.

Method

Saute the onions and potatoes in the butter until onions are soft but not brown
Add the spinach and toss until wilted (At this point the only water you need is the water left on the leaves after washing.)
Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook ffor 30 minutes.

Remove from the heat and blend until smoothe

This soup benefits from a swirl of cream on serving.

2 comments:

DundeeMedStudent said...

hmm, do you ever use frozen spinach? I prefer it to fresh as I never manage to use a whole bag and it goes squishy and foostie. Just wondering if a block or 2 of frozen would work.

Elaine said...

I bet it would work, but I haven't bought any since my kids FLATLY refused to eat it.