Saturday 14 June 2008

Salmon Steak

This is hardly worth calling a recipe, but at the Farmers' Market today I bought a salmon steak from Loch Duar and served it obviously for tonight's meal.

I dipped it in seasoned flour and fried it in butter while the potatoes boiled. In fact along with the potatoes I boiled some white turnip and above that I steamed some flat beans.

I served it with a nice Claret (a bargain from Tesco) and kept remembering the scene in Moonraker where the two villains came in with the dinner trolley, and a bombe surprise on the bottom shelf. They produced a nice claret (emphasis on the second syllable) and James Bond exclaimed "A claret - with fish?", so of course he was on to them and pulled the villain's hands down between his legs and hooked the bombe surprise onto them before tossing the two of them overboard. Of course it really was a bomb without the e!

Always makes me laugh, that scene, but I think a nice Claret goes well with poached salmon.

After I had raspberries with Greek style yoghurt.

I think I could besaid to be 'stappit fu'

We got the best of the weather this morning as later it has rained intermittently.

No comments: