Wednesday 7 May 2008

Vegetables

Last night I removed a single serving of cooked mince from the freezer ready for me to heat it through for my meal tonight. (I have posted several recipes for mince, the latest being on May 1st.)

With the mince, I shall serve organic potatoes and carrots, together with steamed white sprouting broccoli and a chopped leek.

White sprouting broccoli does not really look just like purple sprouting broccoli only white. In fact it is a bulkier plant and has more leaves on it as well as a more defined head. I prepare it by chopping off the end of the stem and then cutting it across in the same way as I would with spring greens. You eat the leaves as well as the flower.

The organic potatoes are reaching the end of their time, but still cook fine after peeling and removing a few "bits". I think the addition of chopped carrot gives a better flavour to the potato.

However, I have cheated today and ordered some Jersey Royal potatoes as they are so good and last for such a short time.

In fact, I think that I might just cook the Jersey Royals with some greens and never mind the meat tomorrow.

1 comment:

missbliss said...

I love mince as a comfort food. Yum yum yum. You eat incredibly well, using your freezer I notice. I'm really lazy wehn it comes to cooking-for-one.